LearnFactory Tech Discipleship (LTD)
APPLICATIONS FOR COHORT 1, 2024 HAS RESUMED.
With participants from over 13 states, and about 100 graduates from the first 5 cohorts between 2018 – 2020, the LearnFactory Internship blazed the trail for cutting-edge tech education in Southeastern Nigeria.
AO @ 58
A great man does not seek applause or place; he seeks for truth; he seeks the road to happiness, and what he ascertains, he gives to others.
Robert Green Ingersoll
In celebrating the 58th birthday of a great man, His Excellency Dr. Alex Chioma Otti, and in honor of his commitment to Human Capital Development as the bedrock / foundation for development of any people, MJC Global Services Ltd. & LearnFactory Nigeria are launching the first ever Dr Alex Otti Tech Fellowship (DAOTF) to empower the Abian youth with global 21st century tech skills.
To prepare the Abian youth as industry ready 21st century tech professionals using rigorous innovative instructor-led-training and on-the-job development through internship placements.
To contribute to the overall goal of reducing unemployment rates prevalent among youth, women, people living with disabilities and out-of-school individuals by equipping them with in-demand tech skills in one of 4 fields:
- Fullstack Development with Python, Django & DRF
- Product Management & UI/UX Design
- Mobile App Development using Flutter & Dart / React Native
Program is in 2 phases:
- Train an initial 100 Abia youth as fullstack, high-tech professionals in 1 of the 4 tracks
- Groom them with soft skills, employability, workplace and entrepreneurship skills to enable them thrive in their areas of interests either as Employees, Freelancers or Entrepreneurs
- Support participants with laptops to help jumpstart their career in IT, become professionals, get jobs and come out of poverty
Provide program graduates with 3 clearly defined pathways:
- Get employment as full-time or part-time tech staff
- Launch tech startups, providing revenue in form of tax and creating jobs for themselves and others
- Become remote outsourcing or freelancing staff; bringing in forex and income through tax
Benefits to Participants
Each scholar will get a branded polo, with the face of His Excellency, Dr Alex Otti, the logo for the program (Dignity of Labour) and the name of the sponsor (Dr Chimezie Ukaegbu) in front. Behind will be the logo of the technical partner (LearnFactory Nigeria)
An optional laptop will be given to beneficiaries, to aid them in their learning journey and also ensure they get maximum benefit from the program
Soft Skills - Entrepreneurship
- Lean Startup
- Project Ideation
- Minimum Viable Launch
- Product Market Fit
- Agile Project Management
Soft Skills - Character & Personal Development
- Talent, Skill & Expertise
- Failure (Failing Forward)
- Discipline and Sacrifice
To foster concentration and reduce movement during classes, we will provide 1 meal (breakfast) daily for the beneficiaries, for the duration of the program. Brunch will be served between 10:30 – 11:00am daily
- Remote work preparation (Turing, Upwork, Fiverr)
- Entrepreneurship training
- Responsive web design with HTML5 & CSS3
- Frontend Development with React: Hooks, Routing, Nextjs
- Backend Development with Node & Express, REST APIs, GraphQL & Apollo, ORM with Prisma, PostgreSQL/MongoDB
Fullstack Python Development
The Fullstack Python Bootcamp gives the learners superpowers that enables them to craft amazing applications using cutting-edge technology.
- Responsive web design with HTML5 & CSS3
- Understanding Git & Github
- Database Management with PostgreSQL & MongoDB
- Core Python: Data types, Functional & Object Oriented Programming, Data Structures & Algorithms
- Web Development with Django: Models, Serializers, Forms, Templates, User Management & Django Admin
- RESTful API design with Django REST Framework: Views & Viewsets, Mixins, Pagination, Validations, Token Authentication etc
Product Management & UI/UX Design
Learn the skills to to start designing digital products people love. Master your craft through practical exercises, reflection and experimentation. Utilize the best tools in the industry as you proceed on your journey.
- Introduction to User Experience Design and User Research
- Information Architecture & Interaction Design
- Visual Design & User Testing and Evaluation
- Design for Accessibility
- Design for Web & Mobile
Mobile App Development using Flutter & Dart / React Native
Learn to build beautiful cross-platform mobile applications for Android and iOS phones using Google’s Flutter and Dart language OR Meta’s React Native. Understand architecture, create animations, access data and much more…
- Introduction and setup
- Building User Interfaces
- Third-party Packages and Modules
- Advanced UI, Data & State Management
EmBED for 12,500 Kids
As part of the Dr Alex Otti Tech Fellowship, our sister organisation, EmBED (Education made Beautiful, Engaging & Delightful), a trailblazing edtech startup and Google Impact Challenge finalist, will be training 12,500 children and 100 schools (public and private primary and secondary schools) within Abia in Coding, Animation, Artificial Intelligence and 21st century educational skills for free over the remaining 9 months of 2023.
These are our commitments to society and the new Abia State. Give your children and wards a unique advantage in the 21st century.
Schools and parents can click the button below to apply.
Partners / Sponsors
Timelines (Cohort 1)
- Application Start: 20/02/2023
- Application End: 24/04/2023
- Cohort 1 Online Onboarding: 03/04/2023
- Cohort 1 Onsite Resumption: 01/05/2023